During this pandemic you will see lots of information on the web and social media and you may be unsure on what is the best advice. We have put together a list of trusted organisations where you can get the most up to date national guidance on Coronavirus.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the 111 coronavirus service.
Advice from the World Health Organisation
- COVID-19 news and COVID-19 situation reports with up-to-date announcements
- Strategic preparedness and response plan for COVID-19 to support national preparedness and response to the epidemic
- COVID-19 course series for health professionals on responding to COVID-19
World Health Organisation specific mental health advice
- Mental health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Coping with stress during COVID-19
- Helping children cope with stress during COVID-19
- How to address COVID-19 social stigma
Additional resources relating to Covid-19 and mental health
- United Nations Inter-Agency Standing Committee Reference Group for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support: Briefing Note on Mental Health and Psychosocial Aspects of COVID-19
- International Council of Nurses: Press release on mental health and psychosocial support for clinicians during COVID-19.
- Every Mind Matters tips from the NHS on staying at home and your mental health
- Every Mind Matters tips from the NHS on how to deal with worries and anxiety during this pandemic
- British Psychological Society: responding to coronavirus
Other Sources to Access COVID-19 Information
- Johns Hopkins University: Coronavirus COVID-19 global cases map, Public Health On Call COVID-19 podcasts, and COVID-19 experts Twitter
- The Lancet: COVID-19 Scientific Resource Centre
- Elsevier: Novel Coronavirus Information Center