Oscar Kilo is the home of the National Police Wellbeing Service and brings assessment, learning and conversation about emergency services wellbeing into one place.
We provide access to evidence based research and resources that can be used to help shape wellbeing provision and encourage collaboration and innovation across not just policing, but all emergency services.
Since its initial launch in 2017, Oscar Kilo has grown at a rapid rate and is now used by policing forces and organisations and Fire and Rescue Services across the whole of the UK.
In April 2019, Oscar Kilo became the online home and the brand of the National Police Wellbeing Service and we work closely with the College of Policing, NPCC and Home Office to deliver this service.
We want to encourage the sharing of best practice and learning, socialising wellbeing as a subject and encourage everyone to understand more about what wellbeing means to them and their organisation.
The website is open access which means it doesn’t matter who you are, or which emergency service you work for, you can now find out about what the National Police Wellbeing Service offers and see the resources, guidance and examples of best practice that we signpost to.
Some areas of the service are only available to police forces in England and Wales such as workshops, events, training materials and the wellbeing vans, but we’ll be using the website to promote and share what we’re learning from all of these areas so everyone can get a sense of what we’re trying to achieve.
Oscar Kilo is also the place where your organisation can access the Blue Light Wellbeing Framework. This is a login area for those UK Police Forces and Fire and Rescue Services who have adopted the Framework so they can audit and benchmark themselves as an organisation.
While you’re here on the website, you will be able to:
- Find relevant research and resources specific to emergency services wellbeing
- Share best practice, find out what other organisations are doing in wellbeing and promote your own work
- Find out more about and access the National Police Wellbeing Service
- Access the Blue Light Wellbeing Framework online assessment for your Police Force or UK Fire and Rescue Service
- Access our online learning communities
If you are from a police force in England and Wales you will also be able to:
- Book a wellbeing van for your force
- See when and where we’re holding all of our events, training and workshops and contact us to register your interest
- Access online learning materials when they become available
Don’t forget to follow us and get involved using our social media channels – Twitter and LinkedIn @OscarKiloUK and you can subscribe to our quarterly newsletter