On the 7-8 September, Oscar Kilo the National Police Wellbeing Service will be at the Emergency Services Show in Birmingham’s NEC for the third time.
The last two years have been strange for us all, so we are really exciting to be there in person, to meet people again and to share what we have been doing.
Since the 2019 show we have been working closely with the College of Policing, the National Police Chiefs’ Council and the Home Office, to develop our offer and to:
- Help police forces build world–class wellbeing support for everyone who works for them Improve knowledge and understanding of help and support available
- Reduce stigma around seeking support or help
- Encourage people to support themselves and realise their own potential
- Improve personal resilience and self-help skills
We aim to do this by providing practical support in six key areas. These are:
- Wellbeing at Work
- Psychological and Trauma Risk Management
- Peer Support for Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Leadership and Resilience
- Wellbeing Outreach Service
- Occupational Health Standards
Come and meet us
If you are attending the event please come and see us on stand S79.
We will be showcasing one of our brand new Wellbeing Vans ‘Oscar Kilo 2’ and colleagues from West Midlands Police will be assisting us by carrying out simple health checks.
Some of our OK9 Wellbeing and Trauma Support Dogs will be there and you will have an opportunity to meet and greet them and discuss the scheme with their handlers.
Our Delivery Team will be available to talk to you about our training courses, we also have experts available if you have any questions on Operation Hampshire, our Emergency Services Trauma Intervention Programme, or anything else relating to police wellbeing.
We can’t wait to see you all.